Two Browning creations combined. John M. Browning invented both the Model 1911 pistol and the 380 ACP cartridge. Whether he ever intended to pair the two we’ll never know for sure. The Browning 1911-380 isn’t a full size 1911, it’s built to approximately 85% of the scale of the original 1911 pistol chambered in 45 ACP. The 1911-380 is a faithful replica, fulfilling the sense of duty to the original and copiously tested to ensure accuracy, function and the feel you should expect from a pistol bearing the Browning name.
The Right 380. The 1911-380 is a single-action design with a locking, tilting barrel like the original. The 8-round magazine is made from heat-treated steel for long service life. Beginners and experts alike enjoy shooting the 1911-380. The light, single-action trigger is confidence inspiring, easier to use and more accurate for new shooters than a longer double-action trigger. Shooting the 1911-380 reveals a remarkably controlled handgun. Recoil is light and easy to control with the normally snappy 380 ACP cartridge.
It’s the right size, with the right features, in the right caliber. It’s the right 380.
More than expected. Black Label models include a host of features that enhance shootability. The flat mainspring housing make the grip more comfortable for a broader range of shooters. A beavertail grip safety prevents hammer bite and the bump ensures positive engagement. The skeletonized hammer and trigger offer a positive feel. An ambidextrous, extended safety is easy to reach and operate.
Full size models include a 4-1/4″ barrel and Compact models have a 3-5/8″ barrel length. Both models are available with or without a Picatinny accessory rail on the dust cover that makes adding a laser or weapon light a cinch.
- Composite frame with machined 7075 aluminum sub-frame and slide rails
- Picatinny accessory rail on dust cover
- Blackened stainless steel slide with silver brushed polished flats
- Corrosion-resistant barrel with target crown
- Tiling barrel, locked-breech action; Single action trigger
- Rosewood-colored grips with intricate cut checkering and gold-colored Buckmark
- Extended ambidextrous manual thumb safety
- Extended slide release
- Beavertail grip safety
- Commander-style hammer
- Available with metal three-dot combat sights or steel bar-dot combat night sights
- Includes two magazines
- ABS carry case included